The Schedules can be added to the Constitution of India through the amendments. There are twelve schedules to Constitution of India, which are effective at present. And they are:
- I Schedule: This schedule is about the States and Union Territories of India.
- II Schedule: In this Schedule, Emoluments for High-Level Officials are mentioned.
- III Schedule: Forms of Oaths and Affirmations are mentioned in this Schedule.
- IV Schedule: This Schedule specifies the allocation of seats in the Council of States.
- V Schedule: Provisions as to the Administration and Control of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are mentioned in this Schedule.
- VI Schedule: This Schedule deals with the provisions as to the Administration of Tribal Areas in the States of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
- VII Schedule: The Union List, the State List and the Concurrent List are included in this Schedule.
- VIII Schedule: The 22 languages selected as the official languages of India are mentioned in this Schedule.
- IX Schedule: Validation of certain Acts and Regulations is dealt with in this Schedule.
- X Schedule: Anti-Defection provisions for Members of Parliament and Members of the State Legislatures.
- XI Schedule: This Schedule talks about the powers, authority and responsibilities of Panchayats.
- XII Schedule: Powers, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities are defined in this Schedule.